My favorite deconstructed dessert is pecans, dates, and dark chocolate. When I feel mischievous, I might even stuff the pecans in the dates and dip them in melted dark chocolate. When wanting to maximize on all the goodness of superfoods, I make raw deserts. They are energy boosting, rich with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and keep quite well in the freezer. If you are still skeptical, I dare you to try these Mayan inspired truffles – they are food of the Gods indeed! You cannot consider yourself a true chocolateer if you have not tasted raw chocolate powder.
250 g pecans
200 g dates
40 g shredded unsweetened coconut
20 g cacao powder
25 g cacao butter
½ cup agave
1 teaspoon cinnamon
*Optional 2 tablespoons green powder
*Optional 1 tablespoon maca root powder
- Grind the pecans in a food processor.
- Process the dates in a food processor until completely smooth.
- Melt the cacao butter over low heat and mix in the cacao powder.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almonds, dates, shredded coconut, cacao powder, cacao butter, agave, and cinnamon and mix until dough consistency is reached.
- Roll the mixture into balls. Freeze before serving.
Note: I added green powder and maca powder to supercharge the truffles. I rolled the truffles in cinnamon, cacao powder, coconut flakes, and hemp seeds.